29th Oct 2020
Our Products / Services
Appier operates artificial intelligence platforms, including CrossX (Ad Solution for App, e-commerce and overall branding), AIQUA (Proactive Customer Engagement Platform), AiDeal (AI-Powered Marketing Platform) and AIXON (Enterprise Data Science Platform), to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems.
Personal Data means any information that can be used to identify you as a natural person, directly or indirectly, in particular in combination with other information available to us such as an identification number, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your identity as a natural person, while the scope of Personal Data may differs according to the applicable laws (which may generally depend on your location). Your data collected and utilized by Appier may include your Personal Data.
Appier may act as a data controller or data processor, as the case may be. As a data controller, Appier (either by Appier alone or jointly with Appier’s business partners) may determine the purpose and manner to collect and utilize your data, and you may receive information either from Appier or its business partners regarding the collection, usage and/or consent toward your data, if applicable. As a data processor, Appier may, as part of Appier’s obligation, process our data on our business partners’ behalf.
2. YOUR DATA WE MAY COLLECT
2.1 THROUGH THE WEBSITE
Personal Data Collected
We may collect your data, including Personal Data that you provide on Website, as you use the Website.
For example, if you use the form made available on the Website, we may collect following information, including your Personal Data, which may be used to contact or identify you:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Demographic information, such as your country, company, job title.
- Comments you made on or through the Website.
Other Data Collected
In addition, when you visit our Website to browse, read, or download information from the Website, your web browser will automatically send us (and we may retain) the following information
- Internet domain through which you access the internet.
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of the computer you are using.
- Type of browser software and operating system you are using.
- Date and time you access our Website.
- The internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website.
Appier aims at keeping your data we hold accurate and up-to-date, and would appreciate it if you may ensure the data you communicate with Appier is up-to-date. If you fail to provide your most up-to-date data, we may not be able to perform the agreements we may have entered into with you (such as providing you with a product and/or service) (as applicable), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations for your benefit.
2.2 THROUGH OUR SERVICES
In order to provide our services, we will also collect your data through our cookies placed by our business partners on their own websites, or from website or mobile applications third-party partners authorized to collect such data.
The below data will be collected when you accept the data collection for the purposes described in Section 3, while data may also be collected under applicable legitimate interest.
|Data Collected on websites||Data Collected via mobile application|
3. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We collect, use and store your data for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our products and/or services we provide, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, providing you with information, products and services that you request from us.
We will provide our best commercial effort to ensure that your consent is freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous, which you may withdraw at any time, and your withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of such processing based on your consent before your withdrawal. The processing of your information, whether based on consent or any other legal grounds, complies the principles of lawfulness, fairness, transparency, purpose limitation, data minimization, accuracy, storage limitation, integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
3.1 FOR THE WEBSITE
Appier collects data for a variety of purposes for our Website, including the following:
- Providing you with information you requested from us
- Respond to an inquiry from you;
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer survey purposes, either directly from Appier or, subject to your consent, as the case may be, from our third-party partners;
- Contract with you for, and provide you with our services to which you have subscribed or considering subscribing;
- Creating an account;
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Providing customer service and support, notably through chatbots;
- Improving the operation of the Website and/or help adjust the content of the Website to the general geographic location of you and for reporting purposes;
- Managing a job application.
3.2 FOR SERVICES
We may use your data in connection with the services rendered to our business partners and/or under the following purposes:
|Purposes for CrossX||
|Purposes for AiDeal||
|Purposes for AIQUA / AIXON||
|Other common purposes for all services||
- fulfill the commercial agreements with our business partners;
- allow our business partners to promote their products and services;
- allow our business partners to finance their activities;
- fraud prevention.
When processing your data, we will only process the data necessary under the purpose for which it was collected. Where required or permitted by applicable law, we also use or disclose your data to limited and trusted third parties when we believe, in good faith, that such use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with the legal obligation bearing on Appier, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any agreement to which we are a party, or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of Appier, Appier’s business partners, or others.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
We may share your data with our affiliate entities and other business partners (including but not limited to, providers, vendors or contractors acting on our behalf and under our instructions), regardless of their location, for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our products and services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business and when needed, with your consent.
Therefore, we may share your data in the following ways:
- Share data within Appier and any of our affiliate entities for purposes of data processing or storage in connection with the aforementioned purposes;
- Share with Appier’s business partners (including but not limited to third-party partners, vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors) to provide our products and services or facilitate transactions. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing or orders, hosting websites and providing support;
- Share data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by a third party;
- As the case may be, for further protection of your privacy, Appier will share your data in aggregated form which may be used to identify you directly or indirectly.
The categories of recipients of your data are as follows:
- Supply-side platforms
- Data platforms
- Third-Party Partners allowing us to match several identifiers
- Third-Party Partners allowing us to fight against fraud
- Third-Party Partners allowing us to locate you inaccurately
- Third-Party Partners of Appier’s clients
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates
Where mandated or permitted by applicable law, such as to comply with a subpoena, court orders and regulations or similar legal process, we will disclose your data to law enforcement officials, government authorities or other third parties, regardless of their location, where such disclosure is in accordance with due process of applicable law(s) and binding upon Appier, to the extent necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements, protect the rights, property, or safety of Appier, its business partners, you, or others.
5. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTIES’ WEBSITES
This Website may contain links to third-party websites that are operated by entities or persons outside of our control. Your activities on those third-party websites will be solely governed by the privacy policies and procedures of those third parties. Appier takes no responsibility whatsoever for the content or information practices of such third parties and encourage you to review the privacy polices of these third parties before disclosing any information on their websites.
6. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your Personal Data only for the necessary duration to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected in accordance with Section 3, as well as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets and enforce agreements to which Appier is a party and will delete your Personal Data further to such duration.
We will delete your Personal Data as long as such Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes in Section 3. Otherwise, we will delete your Personal Data for a period of 13 months from the date of collection.
7. SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR DATA
The security and confidentiality of your data is important to us. We implement appropriate physical, administrative, and technical measures and safeguards designed to protect your data from loss, theft, misuse, alteration, unlawful or unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Appier also relies on reasonable measures to safeguard your data in our possession, including:
- Enforcement of group-wide policies and procedures on Personal Data use, security and confidentiality;
- Restricting access to Personal Data to only those employees and third-party service providers on a “need to know” basis and under strict confidentiality requirements;
- Use of technologies to safeguard data during transmission, such as SSL encryption for some of the data that you provide via the Website and using appropriate security measures to safeguard the data we collect and possess;
- Use of industry-standard measures and processes for detecting and responding to inappropriate attempts to breach our computer systems and networks.
The internet and any communication thereon cannot be guaranteed to be secure at all times, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data you provide us through this technology. In this regard, we have procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any regulator of a suspected breach, as mandated by applicable law.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Appier uses industry-standard data collection and encryption systems to ensure the secure collection and transmission of your Personal Data. Please do not send your sensitive data (e.g., social security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form. In the case of a Personal Data breach, which is likely to result in a risk to your rights and freedoms, we will notify it to the competent supervisory authority without undue delay.
8. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to access, obtain a paper or electronic copy, review, rectify, update, restrict, object or erase all your Personal Data processed and stored by us, notably to confirm its accuracy.
If you reside within the EEA and UK, you may also exercise you right to portability of your Personal Data where the processing of Personal Data is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract and carried out by automated means. Please note that such a request could be limited to the sole Personal Data you provided to us or that we hold at that given time and subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures.
You may also find more information (e.g., how to opt out of receiving customized ads from Appier) regarding Appier’s remarketing advertising policy via this link.
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
10. TRANSFER, PROCESSING AND STORAGE OF YOUR DATA
As a global organization with business processes in operation across borders, we may transfer your data to Appier’s servers, any Appier affiliate entity worldwide or to third-party partners, providers, vendors, or contractors for purposes described in the section “HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA” above, including for the purpose of data processing or storage on behalf and under the control of Appier.
Appier implements cross-borders transfers in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection regulations, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data (the “GDPR”). Where mandated by applicable law, to ensure that your Personal Data does receive an adequate level of protection, Appier implements the appropriate measures to ensure that your Personal Data is treated across Appier affiliated entities and by the aforementioned third parties in a way that is consistent with and which respects the applicable privacy and data protection laws. Measures include the following: signing the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, verifying the recipient has adopted Binding Corporate Rules or adheres to the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (if applicable).
12. CONTACT INFORMATION AT APPIER
The following department and personnel have been designated by Appier to protect your data and to receive your requests regarding your information.
- Department responsible for privacy protection: Legal Department
Address: 8F, No.123, Songren Road, Xinyi District, Taipei 110, Taiwan
E-mail: [email protected]
- Our EU representative can be contacted at [email protected] or Appier UK Co., Ltd – EU Representative, Cornwall Court 19 Cornwall Street, Birmingham, United Kingdom B3 2DT.
If you reside within the EEA and UK, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority or a court of competent jurisdiction; a list of national data protection authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.