- APPIER’S SERVICE
Appier operates artificial intelligence platforms, such as Cross X Ad Solution, AIQUA (Marketing Automation Platform) and AIXON (Data Science Platform), to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- THROUGH THE WEBSITE
We collect data, including Personal Information that you provide on our Website and as you use the Website. “Personal Information” includes information that can be used to identify you as a natural person, directly or indirectly, in particular in combination with other information available to us such as an identification number, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your identity as a natural person and may include, but is not limited to, your:
As such, should you use the form made available on the Website, we may also collect the following information:
- Contact information, such as name, address, phone number, email address (etc.);
- Demographic information, such as your country, company, job title;
Appier aims at keeping the Personal Information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. Please ensure that the Personal Information you communicate to us is accurate and up-to-date.
If you fail to provide certain personal data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as providing you with a product or service), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
In addition, when you visit our website to browse, read, or download information on the Website, your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using
- Type of browser software and operating system you are using
- Date and time you access our site
- The Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site
We also collect Personal Information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect Personal Information to assist us.
- THROUGH OUR SERVICES
In addition, in order to provide our services to our customers, we may also collect additional Personal Information, through our cookies placed by our customers on their own websites or from website partners authorized to collect such Personal Information.
This Personal Information is collected only if you accept the cookies for such advertising purpose.
- Personal Information collected on Internet:
- Appier Cookie identifier,
- IP address,
- IP geolocation,
- URLs of pages of the various sites visited,
- The time of your browsing on the various pages,
- The type and version of the browser with which you browse the Net,
- Cookie identifiers of partner technological platforms, which share the same goals, for which this data has been collected.
- Ad ID
- Ad web page URL
- Event ID -such as the end user “clicks” the Ad or “views” the impression
- Personal information collected via Mobile Application
To collect Personal Information using a mobile application, Appier relies on various partners to collect the following Personal Information:
- The IP address,
- The mobile phone’s identifier for advertisers (IDFA for IOS devices and GAID for Android),
- GPS geolocation data,
- The model of mobile phone as well as its operating system (IOS, Android, etc.).
- URL of pages on the client website which have been viewed.
- Ad ID
- App name.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only collect, use and store your Personal Information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Website as well as products and services we provide, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, providing you with information, products and services that you request from us, and for [other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law].
As the case may be, we will provide you with the basis of such legitimate purposes upon its occurrence, prior to implementation of the related processing.
Appier collects Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- Providing you with information you requested from us;
- Respond to an inquiry from you;
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer survey purposes, either directly from Appier or, subject to your consent, as the case may be, from our third-party partners;
- Contract with you for, and provide you with our services to which you have subscribed or considering subscribing;
- Creating an account;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Providing customer service and support, notably through chatbots;
- Improving the operation of the Website and/or help adjust the content of the Website to the general geographic location of you and for reporting purposes;
- Managing a job application.
We may also use the Personal Information in connection with the services rendered to our customers, and notably:
- To deliver advertisements as well as marketing and sales offers to you that best correspond to your needs and preferences,
- To help advertisers and publishers better target their current and future customers in their loyalty building and commercial prospecting campaigns,
- To help businesses distribute non-intrusive advertising,
- To optimise distribution frequency of advertisements (marketing pressure) with a view to avoiding saturation,
- To develop studies for advertisers of various industries (automotive, real estate, distribution, etc.) in the interest, amongst others, of helping them to better understand consumers’ needs and their market as well as to analyse the performance of their loyalty building and commercial prospecting campaigns.
- Reconcile the different identifiers of various terminals in order to bring them closer to a profile in a probabilistic way.
Where required or permitted by applicable law, we also use or disclose your Personal Information to limited third parties when we believe, in good faith, that such use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with the legal obligation bearing on Appier, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any agreement to which we are a party, or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of Appier, Appier customers, or others.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal Information with our affiliate entities and other third-party business partners, providers, vendors or contractors acting on our behalf and under our instructions, whether located within or outside of the European Union (“EU”) or the Economic Area (“EEA”), for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Website as well as our products and services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business and when needed, with your consent.
Therefore, we may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- Within Appier and any of our affiliate entities located within or outside of the EU/EEA, for purposes of Personal Information processing or storage in connection with the aforementioned purposes;
- With Appier’s business partners, vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide our products and services or facilitate transactions. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing or orders, hosting websites and providing support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- As the case may be, for further protection of your privacy, Appier will share your Personal Information in aggregated form which may be used to identify you direclty or indirectly;
Where mandated or permitted by applicable law, regulation or legal process, we will disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement officials, government authorities or other third parties, located inside and outside of the EU/EEA, where such disclosure is in accordance with due process of law and binding upon Appier, to the extent necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements, protect the rights, property, or safety of Appier, its business partners, you, or others.
- LINKS TO THIRD-PARTIES’ WEBSITES
The Website may contain links to third-party websites that are operated by companies outside of our control. Your activities on those third-party websites will be solely governed by the privacy policies and procedures of those third parties. Appier takes no responsibility whatsoever for the content or information practices of such third parties and encourage you to review the privacy polices of these third parties before disclosing any information on their websites.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION AND THE METHOD OF DESTRUCTION
We will retain your Personal Information only for the duration of the purpose for which it was collected in accordance with Section 4, as well as as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets and enforce agreements to which Appier is a party and will delete your Personal information further to this period.
In any case, we will delete your Personal Information when you do not use our service for a period of one year
- SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information is important to us. We implement appropriate physical, administrative, and technical measures and safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, theft, misuse, alteration, unlawful or unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Appier also relies on reasonable measures to safeguard Personal Information in our possession, including:
- Enforcement of group-wide policies and procedures on Personal Information use, security and confidentiality;
- Restricting access to Personal Information to only those employees and third-party service providers on a “need to know” basis and under strict confidentiality requirements;
- Use of technologies to safeguard data during transmission, such as SSL encryption for some of the data that you provide via the Website and using appropriate security measures to safeguard the data we collect and possess;
- Use of industry-standard measures and processes for detecting and responding to inappropriate attempts to breach our computer systems and networks.
The Internet and any communication thereon cannot be guaranteed to be secure at all times, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us through this technology. In this regard, we have procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any regulator of a suspected breach, as mandated by law.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Appier uses industry-standard data collection and encryption systems to ensure the secure collection and transmission of your personal identifiable information. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to access, obtain a paper or electronic copy, review, correct, update or delete all your Personal Information stored by us, notably to confirm its accuracy. Subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, you may also oppose to or limit the processing or your Personal Information or request that certain of your Personal Information be deleted from our files.
If you reside within the EU, you may also exercise you right to portability of your Personal Information where the lawful basis for the processing is (i) (a) a contract or (b) your consent and (ii) by automated means. Please note that such a request could be limited to the sole Personal Information you provided us with or that we hold at that given time and subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- TRANSFER, PROCESSING AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a global organization with business processes in operation across borders, we may transfer your Personal Information to Appier’s servers and entities located in Taiwan, to any Appier affiliate entity worldwide or to third-party business partners, providers, vendors, or contractors, that are located inside or outside of the EU/EEA, for purposes described in the section “How We Share your Personal Information” above, including for the purpose of data processing or storage on behalf and under the control of Appier.
Appier implements cross-borders transfers in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection regulations, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data (the “GDPR”). Where mandated by applicable law, to ensure that your personal data does receive an adequate level of protection, Appier implements the appropriate measures to ensure that your Personal Information is treated across Appier affiliated entities and by the aforementioned third parties in a way that is consistent with and which respects the applicable privacy and data protection laws. Measures include the following: a data processing/transfer agreements between Appier and its entities or its service providers for onward transfers of data processing agreements for data relating to EU residents.
- CONTACT INFORMATION AT APPIER
The following department and personnel have been designated by Appier to protect your personal data and to receive your requests regarding your information.
Department responsible for privacy protection: Legal Department
Address: 8F, No.123, Songren Road, Xinyi District, Taipei 110, Taiwan
E-mail: [email protected]