Effective Date – 13 January 2020
- APPIER’S SERVICE
Appier operates artificial intelligence platforms, such as CrossX (Ad Solution), AIQUA (Proactive Customer Engagement Platform), AiDeal (AI-Powered Marketing Platform) and AIXON (Enterprise Data Science Platform), to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3.1 THROUGH THE WEBSITE
We collect data, including Personal Information that you provide on our website and as you use the website. “Personal Information” includes information that can be used to identify you as a natural person, directly or indirectly, in particular in combination with other information available to us such as an identification number, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your identity as a natural person.
As such, should you use the form made available on the website, we will also collect the following information:
- Contact information, such as name, address, phone number, email address (etc.);
- Demographic information, such as your country, company, job title;
Appier aims at keeping the Personal Information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. Please ensure that the Personal Information you communicate to us is accurate and up-to-date.
If you fail to provide certain personal data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as providing you with a product and/or service), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
In addition, when you visit our Website to browse, read, or download information on the Website, your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) the following information
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of the computer you are using
- Type of browser software and operating system you are using
- Date and time you access our Website
The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website
3.2 THROUGH OUR SERVICES
In addition to the above, in order to provide our services to our customers, we will also collect additional Personal Information, through our cookies placed by our customers on their own websites or mobile applications or from website or mobile applications third-party partners authorized to collect such Personal Information.
This Personal Information is collected only if you accept the cookies for such purposes described in Section 4.
3.2.1 Personal Information collected on Websites:
To collect Personal Information using website, Appier relies on various customers or third-party partners to collect the following Personal Information:
- Appier Cookie identifier
- IP address
- Geolocation data
- URLs of pages of the various websites visited
- The type and version of the browser with which you browse the Websites
- Cookie identifiers of partner technological platforms, which share the same goals for which this data has been collected
- Ad ID
- Ad URL
- Event -such as the end user “clicks” the Ad or “views” the impression
3.2.2 Personal information collected via Mobile Application
To collect Personal Information using a mobile application, Appier relies on various customers or third-party partners to collect the following Personal Information:
- IP address
- The mobile phone’s identifier for advertisers (IDFA for IOS devices and GAID for Android)
- Geolocation data
- The model of mobile phone as well as its operating system (IOS, Android, etc.)
- Bundle ID of the app being viewed
- Ad ID
- Ad URL
- Event -such as the end user “clicks” the Ad or “views” the impression
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, use and store your Personal Information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Website as well as products and services we provide, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, providing you with information, products and services that you request from us.
We will provide our best commercial effort to ensure that your consent is freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous, which you may withdraw at any time, and your withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of such processing based on your consent before your withdrawal. The processing of your information, whether based on consent or any other legal grounds, complies the principles of lawfulness, fairness, transparency, purpose limitation, data minimization, accuracy, storage limitation, integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
In addition, we consider that we have a legitimate interest in processing your data for the purposes expressed in this policy in order to:
- fulfill the commercial agreements with our customers and third-party partners;
- allow our advertisers to promote their products and services;
- allow our publishers to finance their activities;
- fraud prevention.
Appier collects Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- Providing you with information you requested from us;
- Respond to an inquiry from you;
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer survey purposes, either directly from Appier or, subject to your consent, as the case may be, from our third-party partners;
- Contract with you for, and provide you with our services to which you have subscribed or considering subscribing;
- Creating an account;
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Providing customer service and support, notably through chatbots;
- Improving the operation of the Website and/or help adjust the content of the Website to the general geographic location of you and for reporting purposes;
- Managing a job application.
We may also use the Personal Information in connection with the services rendered to our customers, and notably:
- To deliver advertisements as well as marketing and sales offers to you that correspond to your needs and preferences;
- To help advertisers and publishers better target their current and future customers in their loyalty building and commercial prospecting campaigns;
- To help businesses distribute non-intrusive advertising;
- To optimize distribution frequency of advertisements (marketing pressure) with a view to avoiding saturation;
- To develop studies for advertisers of various industries (automotive, real estate, distribution, etc.) in the interest, amongst others, of helping them to better understand consumers’ needs and their market as well as to analyse the performance of their loyalty building and commercial prospecting campaigns;
- Reconcile the different identifiers of various terminals in order to bring them closer to a profile in a probabilistic way;
- Fraud prevention.
When processing your data, we will only process the data necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Where required or permitted by applicable law, we also use or disclose your Personal Information to limited and trusted third parties when we believe, in good faith, that such use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with the legal obligation bearing on Appier, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any agreement to which we are a party, or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of Appier, Appier customers, or others.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal Information with our affiliate entities and other third-party partners, providers, vendors or contractors acting on our behalf and under our instructions, whether located within or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and UK , for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Website as well as our products and services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business and when needed, with your consent.
Therefore, we may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- Within Appier and any of our affiliate entities located within or outside of the EEA and UK, for purposes of Personal Information processing or storage in connection with the aforementioned purposes;
- With Appier’s third-party partners, vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide our products and services or facilitate transactions. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing or orders, hosting websites and providing support;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- As the case may be, for further protection of your privacy, Appier will share your Personal Information in aggregated form which may be used to identify you directly or indirectly.
The categories of recipients of your data
- Supply-side platforms
- Data platforms
- Third-Party Partners allowing us to match several identifiers
- Third-Party Partners allowing us to fight against fraud
- Third-Party Partners allowing us to locate you inaccurately
- Third-Party Partners of Appier’s clients
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates
Where mandated or permitted by applicable law, such as to comply with a subpoena, court orders and regulations or similar legal process, we will disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement officials, government authorities or other third parties, located inside and outside of the EEA and UK, where such disclosure is in accordance with due process of applicable law(s) and binding upon Appier, to the extent necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements, protect the rights, property, or safety of Appier, its third-party partners, you, or others.
- LINKS TO THIRD-PARTIES’ WEBSITES
The website may contain links to third-party websites that are operated by entities or persons outside of our control. Your activities on those third-party websites will be solely governed by the privacy policies and procedures of those third parties. Appier takes no responsibility whatsoever for the content or information practices of such third parties and encourage you to review the privacy polices of these third parties before disclosing any information on their websites.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION
We will retain your Personal Information only for the necessary duration to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected in accordance with Section 4, as well as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets and enforce agreements to which Appier is a party and will delete your Personal information further to this period.
We will delete your Personal Information as long as such Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes in Section 4. Otherwise, we will delete your Personal Information for a period of 13 months from the date of collection.
- SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information is important to us. We implement appropriate physical, administrative, and technical measures and safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, theft, misuse, alteration, unlawful or unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Appier also relies on reasonable measures to safeguard Personal Information in our possession, including:
- Enforcement of group-wide policies and procedures on Personal Information use, security and confidentiality;
- Restricting access to Personal Information to only those employees and third-party service providers on a “need to know” basis and under strict confidentiality requirements;
- Use of technologies to safeguard data during transmission, such as SSL encryption for some of the data that you provide via the Website and using appropriate security measures to safeguard the data we collect and possess;
- Use of industry-standard measures and processes for detecting and responding to inappropriate attempts to breach our computer systems and networks.
The Internet and any communication thereon cannot be guaranteed to be secure at all times, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us through this technology. In this regard, we have procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any regulator of a suspected breach, as mandated by applicable law.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Appier uses industry-standard data collection and encryption systems to ensure the secure collection and transmission of your Personal Information. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form. In the case of a Personal Information breach, which is likely to result in a risk to your rights and freedoms, we will notify it to the competent supervisory authority without undue delay.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to access, obtain a paper or electronic copy, review, rectify, update, restrict, object or erase all your Personal Information processed and stored by us, notably to confirm its accuracy.
If you reside within the EEA and UK, you may also exercise you right to portability of your Personal Information where the processing of Personal Information is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract and carried out by automated means. Please note that such a request could be limited to the sole Personal Information you provided to us or that we hold at that given time and subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- TRANSFER, PROCESSING AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a global organization with business processes in operation across borders, we may transfer your Personal Information to Appier’s servers and entities inside or outside of the EEA and UK, to any Appier affiliate entity worldwide or to third-party partners, providers, vendors, or contractors, that are located inside or outside of the EEA and UK, for purposes described in the section “How We Share your Personal Information” above, including for the purpose of data processing or storage on behalf and under the control of Appier.
Appier implements cross-borders transfers in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection regulations, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data (the “GDPR”). Where mandated by applicable law, to ensure that your Personal Information does receive an adequate level of protection, Appier implements the appropriate measures to ensure that your Personal Information is treated across Appier affiliated entities and by the aforementioned third parties in a way that is consistent with and which respects the applicable privacy and data protection laws. Measures include the following: signing the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, verifying the recipient has adopted Binding Corporate Rules or adheres to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (if applicable).
- CONTACT INFORMATION AT APPIER
The following department and personnel have been designated by Appier to protect your Personal Information and to receive your requests regarding your information.
Department responsible for privacy protection: Legal Department
Address: 8F, No.123, Songren Road, Xinyi District, Taipei 110, Taiwan
E-mail: [email protected]
Our EU representative can be contacted at [email protected] or Appier UK Co., Ltd – EU Representative, Cornwall Court 19 Cornwall Street, Birmingham, United Kingdom B3 2DT.